Over 84% of cattle got vaccines against lumpy skin disease
简介More than 84 percent of cattle in South Korea have been vaccinated against lumpy skin disease, with ...
More than 84 percent of cattle in South Korea have been vaccinated against lumpy skin disease, with the country struggling with the rapidly spreading disease nationwide, officials said Sunday.
Over 3.45 million cows out of the total 4.07 million here have received shots to protect them against LSD, which does not affect humans but is highly infectious and can lead to death, according to officials from the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
So far, the country has confirmed 78 cases of LSD nationwide, including one new case on Saturday.
The government earlier said it plans to vaccinate all cattle by Friday.
South Korea reported its first-ever case of LSD on Oct. 20. The disease causes skin lesions, fever and loss of appetite, often leading to a fall in milk production and even death. (Yonhap)
South Korean aerospace and defense firm LIG Nex1 has decided to acquire a 60 percent stake in Americ ...
South Korean construction management firm Hanmi Global said Thursday the company will hold the 2023 ...
Starbucks’ recent decision to allow customers to purchase items cheaper than the value of their coup ...
- 尹 대통령, 사우디 국방장관 만나 “국방·방산 협력 심화”
- [Our Museums] Ride through nation's train heritage at Korea Railroad Museum
- Seoul shares down for 3rd day amid geopolitical tension, high US bond yields
- KT, Hyundai E&C, Saudi’s STC team up for digital infrastructure
- 병역거부 대체복무자 첫 소집해제…1173명 전국 교정시설에
- Opposition leader returns to party duties, calls for Cabinet overhaul
- Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam
- Drug crimes in Seoul most common in Itaewon, Gangnam, Hongdae: study
- Over 40% of manufacturers say they need more foreign workers
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- [Herald Interview] Food trade chief confident of winning official recognition of Kimchi Day in US
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'
- E. coli found in Echire butter
- All residents with disabilities to get personal doctor
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- More relevant than ever, closer to original musical 'Rent' returns for 9th run
- S. Korean literary giant Jo Jung
- Rising political stars, big names likely to run for 2024 general election
- N. Korea makes 3rd spy satellite launch attempt
- Hyundai Steel starts new campaign promoting recycled steel
- NIS seeking to form Asian cooperative body to counter drug crimes
- 김기현 “한동훈 자질, 대한민국 위해 잘 발휘될 수 있게 할 것”
- Daewoo E&C chief cements ties with Nigerian leaders
- 이준석 “가해자 따로 있는데…인요한 ‘대리사과’ 황당 제안”
- 김영진, 원희룡 인천 계양을 출마설에 “이재명과 맞대결 환영”
- Man arrested for stabbing restaurant owner in Paju
- 6·25 따발총, 구식 불새
- Number of youth addicted to online gambling rises
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- Abandoned dog with note and heart sparks anger