5 S. Koreans from Gaza arrived in Egypt via Rafah border: ministry
简介A South Korean family living in Gaza crossed into Egypt through the Rafah border Thursday, Seoul ...
A South Korean family living in Gaza crossed into Egypt through the Rafah border Thursday, Seoul's foreign ministry said.
Media reports earlier said, quoting authorities from Gaza, that around 600 foreign nationals, including South Koreans, were allowed to leave through the Rafah border Thursday, the second such departure since the border opened up to foreigners and aid workers Wednesday for the first time since the armed conflict between Israel and the Islamic militant Hamas group.
"All South Koreans living in the Gaza Strip -- a family of five members -- arrived in Egypt after crossing the Rafah border between Egypt and Gaza at around 11:15 a.m. (local time)," the ministry said in a text message to reporters.
They are known to be a South Korean woman, her naturalized husband of Palestinian descent and their three children.
The ministry said it has sent the consul of the South Korean embassy in Egypt to the Rafah border and is providing consular assistance to the family, including accommodation and medical checkups.
A local source told Yonhap News Agency that the family members are not injured and in relatively healthy condition.
The South Korean government has maintained close communication with the family to ensure their safety since the Israel-Hamas armed conflict and made various diplomatic efforts to help the family cross the border at the earliest date, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
DS Dansuk, South Korea’s resource recycling company, on Friday threw its hat into the ring as the la ...
K-pop girl group Le Sserafim has been named the house ambassador to the luxury brand Louis Vuitton.T ...
홍익표 더불어민주당 원내대표(왼쪽)가 12일 국정감사 대책회의에서 발언하고 있다. 김성룡 기자더불어민주당 내부 이탈로 이재명 당 대표 체포동의안이 가결됐던 지난달 21일만 해도 “ ...
Culture minister to discuss exchanges with Vatican this week
[Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
혼전임신 직원에 "애비없는 애"…갑질 서기관 감싼 복지부 논란
S. Korea determined to become tourism powerhouse
Conflict between Fifty Fifty and agency Attrakt continues to escalate
- Seoul shares open higher on hope for exports recovery
- Kakao CEO apologizes for SM stock manipulation allegations
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- 윤 대통령, 오스틴 美국방과 만찬 “北, 하마스식 도발땐 단호히 응징”
- Han Kang wins prestigious French award for foreign literature
- AI in your pocket: Samsung Galaxy S to feature real
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF
- Kumho Petrochemical comits to net zero by 2050
- Park Bom to return with new single ‘I’
- KDI slashes 2024 growth to 2.2%
- Biden picks top Asia aide as nominee for deputy secretary of state
- Yoon hosts private banquet with chaebol chiefs
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
- Asiana Airlines to sell cargo biz to smooth merger
- PPP decides to lift membership suspensions of ex
- Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
- Embracing setbacks: KAIST students vie for the inaugural 'worst failure' crown
- Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war
- ‘It’s OK to put fried chicken, ramen on jesa table’
- Suspension of ex
- Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- Kia unveils ‘tiger
- Supreme Court acquits ex
- PPP launches special committee on plan to include Gimpo into Seoul
- J.Y. Park and Kim Wan
- Jungkook, Red Velvet, Stray Kids, new YG girl group among year
- TVXQ to hold 20th
- 통일부 “남북 간 장기간 연락 중단 유감…정상화 촉구”
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- Xi says 'willing to make bigger contributions' in letter to NK leader